- Illinois State Bar Association
- ISBA Delivery of Legal Services Committee
Online or telephone
This program is available at no cost for the first 26 registrants who agree to take a pro bono case in the next year. A $25 fee applies after the first 26 registrants.
A special thanks to the following sponsors for making this opportunity possible:
♦ Illinois Bar Foundation
♦ Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI)
♦ Law Crawford P.C.
Increase your awareness of the best practices and pitfalls in serving clients with limited English! Learn how to identify internal barriers (within yourself and your law firm) that hinder communication with non-English speaking clients and how to overcome these barriers with this short online seminar. Attorneys with all levels of practice experience who work with a diverse client base who attend this seminar will better understand:
- What the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts is doing to help non-English speaking people gain better access to interpreters;
- The statewide Interpreter Registry;
- The pitfalls to avoid when working with interpreters;
- How and why you should take advantage of the pro bono opportunities in your community; and
- The resources available to attorneys willing to volunteer.