OrganizationCabrini Green Legal Aid
CGLA is seeking to sponsor fellowship applications for Equal Justice Works, Skadden and Soros in one of our Legal Programs: Criminal Defense, Housing, Family Law and CLAIM (Chicago Legal Advocacy for Incarcerated Mothers). We would also be willing to sponsor applicants seeking funding from their law school’s post-graduate fellowship program.
- We will accept applications from law students/grads who have funding.
- We will help law students/grads find external funding if needed.
- We will accept applications from work study law students.
- We will accept applications from law students seeking academic credit or participating in an externship through their law school.
- We will accept applications from law students/grads who do not have funding.
About the Organization
Cabrini Green Legal Aid (CGLA) has strengthened lives, assisted families and supported communities – one person at a time for over 40 years. CGLA does more than give people a second chance – they are addressing the root causes of unemployment, homelessness, poverty and other challenges that contribute to crime and recidivism. This is accomplished by combining high-quality legal services with supportive services coordinated through strategic partnerships with social service providers, government agencies, and other legal aid organizations. Legal representation focuses on those negatively impacted by the criminal justice system through criminal defense work, criminal records work and civil cases that arise from criminal justice system involvement.
Who We Serve
We serve residents of the City of Chicago in civil and criminal defense cases and residents of Cook County in criminal records cases.