Form completion time: 20 minutes to 30 minutes
You will be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
To use this program, you must be filing a federal complaint in the Northern District of Illinois. Do not use this program for small claims cases.
In addition, at least one of the following must be true:
- You are suing the United States government or a federal government agency;
- You are filing a lawsuit to assert your rights under the U.S. Constitution or federal law; OR
- You and the person you are suing are citizens of different states.
To complete this program, you will need to know:
- The address of everyone involved in the lawsuit; AND
- Your reason for filing a lawsuit in federal court instead of state court.
This program prepares the following forms. The forms you get will depend on your answers.